Dremio to connect to db via jdbc

Hi,
We want to connect dremio to any other db via jdbc connnection like SAP HANA DB

Is there any way to connect

Yes! :slight_smile: Take a look.

Hi Ankit - do you me connect to HANA as a data source? If so, that is not a database Dremio supports at this time. It is something we are evaluating for adding in a future release.

If you mean query Dremio via JDBC, then yes, you can with the JDBC driver as @allan.sene pointed out.

@kelly… yes, i want to connect SAP HANA DB as a source in dremio.
We have already connected dremio with other applications via jdbc/odbc like tableau, hana etc.

@kelly… one more question … dremio can connect to other source only which are mentioned in Source section … no other means,like from command line …

Regards
Ankit

Hi Ankit, currently you can use Dremio to access data stored in:

• Oracle
  • Microsoft SQL Server
  • MySQL
  • Postgres
  • Redshift
  • MongoDB
  • Elasticsearch
  • HBase
  • HDFS
  • MapR-FS
  • Hive
  • Amazon S3
  • NAS

We have many other sources we plan to add, but that’s what is available today. In Enterprise Edition we also support DB2, with Vertica, Teradata, Netezza, and others coming soon.

You can access Dremio over ODBC/JDBC using a number of tools. We do not provide a CLI for Dremio at this time. Does that answer your question?

Dear,
I’m new in the Dremio community and very excited about all the possibilities. Nevertheless for Enterprise purposes I’m wondering with which sources Dremio connects to in the meantime since september 2017.
May I ask you if in the meantime you were able to provide a certified connector to SAP HANA database? For Enterprise purposes this would be interesting.
Thanks for your feedback.
Thierry

Hi Thierry - we do not yet support HANA, but are watching it closely.

We hope to release an SDK this year so that users can create their own connectors.

Let us know if you would like to evaluate Enterprise Edition.

Thanks,
Kelly

hi kelly,
I am looking for vertica connectors. I am using community edition and would like to evaluate enterprise one to learn more about your products.
but send me details about vertica connectors
-vishnu

1 Like

Any update on timeline for DB2 / Vertica / Others?

Dremio 3.0 (coming very soon) has entirely new framework for relational connectors. This should make it much easier for us to develop additional connectors. Nothing imminent but we hope to move a lot faster in this area.