Can't delete a saved script in Dremio UI

Hi, Community!

I’m new to Dremio, so feel free to send me any guidelines or best practices.

Context
I’m trying to delete a saved script because I wasn’t able to edit it. So, I created another one.

Now my problem is: how do I delete the old script?
This approach sounds like an infinite loop, so if someone knows how to edit a saved script, the help is also appreciated.

I suppose it has something to do with the 3 dots circled in red (photo). But when I try to click them, it immediately sends me to an error screen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I can’t attach any images because I’m a new user.

The 3 dots I mentioned are the ones on the right of the saved script’s name (…)
The error message is a dialog saying:
“An Unexpected Error Ocurred” - If the problem persists, please contact support. Then it has a Session ID and an Event ID.

I can’t contact support because I’m not a premium user.

1 Like

Hi, I can confirm that this problem exists in Dremio 22.0.0-202206221430090603-1fa4049f CE Edition. I have the same problem and currently no solution, unfortunately.

So, you are not alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ORo @gpalazzo did you try delete from the new query window, see attached screenshot

Hi @balaji.ramaswamy, yes, that’s what I tried. But if I click on the meatball-menu (the three vertical balls) I get the same error as @gpalazzo. It is not possible to delete any script.

Hi there @balaji.ramaswamy , thanks for your reply.

I tried the process as you mention, but I get the “Unexpected error” screen with a Session ID and an Event ID.

Thanks.

@gpalazzo Can you please send me a screenshot of the error, I can open a bug internally

Here it goes:

@gpalazzo Thanks, will get back to you with an update

@gpalazzo What version Dremio are you on?

Hi there @balaji.ramaswamy !

I’m using the latest one via the docker image: dremio/dremio-oss:latest

@gpalazzo Can you please try to reassign permissions to the user in the VDS, logout, login and try again