Combining Data from Multiple Datasets

Issues with Tutorial:

The instructions: Type TRUNCATE(“Lon”,8) through a calculated field to trim the precision of the LAT and LONG fields.

First TRUNCATE is not a function and it should be TRUNC.

TRUNC will not work with FLOAT/DOUBLE and as it needs to be a number.
Actual Error:
_

TRUNC does not support operand types (DOUBLE,INTEGER)

_

Has anyone had luck completing the following exercise?

Can you share the exact query you are running & testing from the UI? I personally just tested SELECT truncate("latitude",8) and all worked fine.

I figured it out. I was getting confused when you search for “truncate” in the functions it does not show up. If you manually type TRUNCATE(“LAT”, 8) it works. Just a little confusing from a UX experience.

SELECT IncidntNum, Category, Descript, DayOfWeek, nested_1.“Date” AS “Date”, nested_1.“Time” AS “Time”, PdDistrict, Resolution, Address, lon, truncate(“lat”, 8) AS lat, Location, PdId
FROM (
SELECT IncidntNum, Category, Descript, DayOfWeek, nested_0.“Date” AS “Date”, nested_0.“Time” AS “Time”, PdDistrict, Resolution, Address, truncate(“lon”, 8) AS lon, lat, Location, PdId
FROM (
SELECT IncidntNum, Category, Descript, DayOfWeek, incidents.“Date” AS “Date”, incidents.“Time” AS “Time”, PdDistrict, Resolution, Address, lon, lat, Location, PdId
FROM “Test Space”.incidents
) nested_0
) nested_1

I will say simply hand writing the sql it is much more elegant than the “JOIN” tutorial

SELECT
FROM
“Test Space”.incidents a
INNER JOIN
“Test Space”.“zip_lookup” b
ON
TRUNCATE(a.lat, 8) = TRUNCATE(b.lat, 8)
AND TRUNCATE(a.lon, 8) = TRUNCATE(b.lon, 8)

Thanks for the help