Datasource Graph Database

Hello Team,

Is it planned to integrate graph database like Neo4j as Dremio datasource ?

Best regards,
Guillaume

3 Likes

@gchampion adding support for graph DBs is something we’ve contemplated but haven’t seen as much interest/requests as we’ve seen for other sources on our shortlist. That said, I’m very curious to understand more about your use case. What other data sources are you planning to work with in Dremio? Would you say that the primary goal is analyze across multiple sources or to provide a SQL interface to Cypher/Neo4j?

For the moment I tried the solution and the main goal is to analyze data accross multiple sources:

• JSON files (NAS datasource)
  • MongoDB
  • Neo4j

Neo4j for the moment I launch csv extractor using cypher over Neo4j but I was wondering we could have a solution to manage this datasource as other with Dremio.

1 Like

Medical taxonomies and vocabularies have become extremely important for advances in medical AI and clinical and translational research. Standardizing terms and creating libraries to help automate setting up research projects and other use cases is of high value. Some architectures need to synchronize information between products with underlying graph DBs to keep standard libraries used by end users up to date with the daily work of ontologists. . . Often end-user (think researchers) products and solutions are built on non-graph DB technology.

@stevensa Do you have a feature request in mind?