Dear Dremio Community,
Thank you for installing Dremio Community 4.0, which includes core new capabilities such as Columnar Cloud Cache and multiple new features, enhancements and changes described in our release notes.
We discovered an issue with the Docker image for Community Edition version 4.0 that is used in Kubernetes, Azure AKS and AWS EKS deployments. Community Edition 4.0 Docker images accidentally incorporated elements of the Enterprise Version, which can cause Dremio to not be able to issue queries and potentially corrupt the configuration. Dremio Community version 4.0.1 was just released to correct the issue.
Users deploying via YARN, AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM or Linux RPM and tar installations were not affected.
Community users who upgraded from 3.x to 4.0 using Docker, Kubernetes, AKS or EKS are recommended to:
- Upgrade to Dremio Community version 4.0.1
- Restore the configuration from a backup created prior to upgrading to 4.0.
- Note: It is highly recommended to restore from backup after upgrading to 4.0.1, If no backup is available the upgrade will work provided no new sources were added
Community users who created a new system with Dremio Community 4.0 between Sept 12 and Sept 18 using Docker, Kubernetes, AKS or EKS are recommended to:
- Delete the new system created with Dremio Community 4.0
- Re-install a new system using Dremio Community 4.0.1
- Note: New systems created with Dremio Community 4.0 using Docker, Kubernetes, AKS or EKS will continue to function, but will not be able to upgrade to 4.0.1 or later versions
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued support.
The Dremio Team