Error while epxloring Dataset Elasticsearch

I just explore one index in my defined dataset, after a while opening the tab, it gives the error:

SYSTEM ERROR: IllegalStateException SqlOperatorImpl ELASTICSEARCH_SUB_SCAN Location 0:0:6 Fragment 0:0 [Error Id: 786a2e5b-48e8-4bae-a2ed-0c6dd5b9ed45 on ***REDACTED****.us-west-2.compute.internal:31010] (java.lang.IllegalStateException) null com.dremio.plugins.elastic.execution.WriteHolders$InvalidWriteHolder.writeMap():63 com.dremio.plugins.elastic.execution.FieldReadDefinition.writeMap():132 com.dremio.plugins.elastic.execution.ElasticsearchJsonReader.writeDeclaredMap():328 com.dremio.plugins.elastic.execution.ElasticsearchJsonReader.writeToVector():214 com.dremio.plugins.elastic.execution.ElasticsearchJsonReader.write():182 com.dremio.plugins.elastic.execution.ElasticsearchRecordReader.next():309 com.dremio.sabot.op.scan.ScanOperator.outputData():197 com.dremio.sabot.driver.SmartOp$SmartProducer.outputData():510 com.dremio.sabot.driver.StraightPipe.pump():56 com.dremio.sabot.driver.Pipeline.doPump():82 com.dremio.sabot.driver.Pipeline.pumpOnce():72 com.dremio.sabot.exec.fragment.FragmentExecutor$DoAsPumper.run():288 com.dremio.sabot.exec.fragment.FragmentExecutor$DoAsPumper.run():284 java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged():-2 javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs():422 org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs():1807 com.dremio.sabot.exec.fragment.FragmentExecutor.run():243 com.dremio.sabot.exec.fragment.FragmentExecutor.access$800():83 com.dremio.sabot.exec.fragment.FragmentExecutor$AsyncTaskImpl.run():577 com.dremio.sabot.task.AsyncTaskWrapper.run():92 com.dremio.sabot.task.slicing.SlicingThread.run():71

Some indicies fail, not all of them.

HI,

I would like to know which stage of the planner this is failing? Can you please upload the profile for the failed job?, I have included a link to the tutorial that talks about “uploading profiles”

Thanks,
Balaji

I seem to encounter the same issue. Here’s the query profile.

bdea7cf5-9e92-4104-b526-e5713ad80ad8.zip (8.8 KB)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Francis

Which version of Elastic search?

ES version 2.4.6, with auth & ssl

@doron Any idea what it could be?

EDITED

I’ve tried with 2.0.0. IT seams to have the same issue.
b8436d85-d0d4-4882-936e-6807f3e7ea52.zip (8.2 KB)

Have you had the chance to try 2.0.0rc? It might fix the issue you are running into.