I can't connect on DBeaver

Hi!
I am trying to connect my dremio on DBeaver using the Arrow-Flight driver, such as:

jdbc:arrow-flight-sql://host:31010 and I receive this error:

cfjd.org.apache.arrow.flight.FlightRuntimeException: UNAVAILABLE: io exception
Channel Pipeline: [SslHandler#0, ProtocolNegotiators$ClientTlsHandler#0, WriteBufferingAndExceptionHandler#0, DefaultChannelPipeline$TailContext#0]
** cfjd.org.apache.arrow.flight.FlightRuntimeException: UNAVAILABLE: io exception**
Channel Pipeline: [SslHandler#0, ProtocolNegotiators$ClientTlsHandler#0, WriteBufferingAndExceptionHandler#0, DefaultChannelPipeline$TailContext#0]
** io exception**
** not an SSL/TLS record: 00001204000000000000037fffffff000400100000000600002000000004080000000000000f0001**
** not an SSL/TLS record: 00001204000000000000037fffffff000400100000000600002000000004080000000000000f0001**

I am using the driver version of dremio documentation: flight-sql-jdbc-driver-10.0.0.jar

If I am doing something wrong or if there is an easier way to connect, please help me out!

Thank you!

Hi Mauricio,

Thank you for contacting Dremio.
I see that you are unable to connect to Dremio on DBeaver client. The shared error mostly indicates an issue with the SSL configuration or when the SSL/encryption is enabled but the parameters are not specified correctly.

not an SSL/TLS record: 00

we need to verify if your dremio server is configured to require secure (SSL/TLS) jdbc/odbc connections. It should would work if you specify the necessary SSL connection parameters.
Also, this requested was raised for DremioCloud, kindly confirm if you are using Dremio AWSE edition or DremioCloud version. Please share your exact Dremio version to verify.Please validate below properties as per your setup.

Further, please confirm if you have enabled SSL for your Dremio Server. In that case you need to enable the SSL parameters specified below accordingly:
Ref[1]: Dremio
Example:
/<host>:31010;ssl=true;disableHostVerification=true;disableCertificateVerification=true**

Additional Reference[2]: Dremio

Hope this helps.

Hi Shantanu!

Thank you for asking me!

Yes, we are using the DremioCloud version, actually, a AWS Edition, build 24.0.0-202302100528110223-3a169b7c.

No, we do not enable SSL configurations. Our web address uses HTTP protocol.

Also, I’ve tried to connect using this : /:31010;ssl=true;disableHostVerification=true;disableCertificateVerification**=true**, changing the part of the configuration “ssl=true” to “ssl=false”, but it threw the same error.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mauricio,

Thanks for your extended patience and for your update with the requested details.
Understand that you are on HTTP and have “ssl=false but still observing this issue.

1. For further investigation, could you please also share a zipped file for Dremio server.log for quick review and the Dremio config directory tarball $DREMIO_HOME/conf (specifically, I would like to validate the SSL conf and port).
  2. Can you also confirm if the Property: useEncryption is set totrue or false (from DBeaver side)?
    Also, if you could share the screenshot of the config from DBeaver Client application for the connection config details.

Please note: I would suggest sharing this as Direct Message (Private only, in case there are any sensitive configs - You can click on my contact name and then click >> Message)

Regards,