I can't get Flight SQL metadata from Dremio Cloud

I’m developing a client that uses Flight SQL to interact with Dremio Cloud instance.

When I try to get FlightInfo and set the metadata like following:

final FlightInfo flightInfo = flightSqlClient.getSqlInfo(args, getCallOptions());
for (final FlightEndpoint endpoint : flightInfo.getEndpoints()) {
            try (FlightStream stream = flightSqlClient.getStream(endpoint.getTicket(), getCallOptions())) {
                while (stream.next()) {

In getStream method, I’m getting the following error:

org.apache.arrow.flight.FlightRuntimeException: INTERNAL: There was an error servicing your request

The same code for Dremio local instance is working fine.

Please help.

Hi there,

The Flight SQL Driver is currently not compatible with Dremio Cloud. Our engineers are currently working on achieving parity for this driver between Dremio software and Dremio Cloud, and it should be released soon!

Noted here in the driver release notes: Dremio

Cindy

1 Like

Hi @pira ,

I wanted to let you know we released the compatibility for Dremio Cloud and the Arrow Flight SQL Driver as of the latest update. We have the updated documentation here: Dremio

Cindy

1 Like

Unfortunately the issue still occurs.

When I try to get FlightInfo and set the metadata like following:

final FlightInfo flightInfo = flightSqlClient.getSqlInfo(args, getCallOptions());
for (final FlightEndpoint endpoint : flightInfo.getEndpoints()) {
            try (FlightStream stream = flightSqlClient.getStream(endpoint.getTicket(), getCallOptions())) {
                while (stream.next()) {

In getStream method, I’m getting the following error:

org.apache.arrow.flight.FlightRuntimeException: INTERNAL: There was an error servicing your request

For Dremio Software on-prem instance, it works OK.

Hi @pira ,

Thanks for the update, let me look into this further with our team and see what may be happening here.

Cindy

Hi @pira , can you confirm if you are using a PAT token to authenticate Dremio Cloud?

Yes, I use PAT token to authenticate to Dremio Cloud

Thanks for confirming, @pira , I have private messaged you for additional information.