Installation issue

I am trying to build from the Git repository. facing the following error while mvn clean install

The project com.dremio:dremio-root:2.0.5-201806021755080191-767cfb5 (/apps/opt/repository/dremio/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR] Child module /apps/opt/repository/dremio/extras of /apps/opt/repository/dremio/pom.xml does not exist
Child module /apps/opt/repository/dremio/extras of /apps/opt/repository/dremio/pom.xml does not exist

Even RPM installtion did not work , many files are missing within rpm while I Wget from the url

Can you share your exact maven command?

mvn clean install after changing directory to dremio

As far as I know that should not happen.

Can you copy-paste the output of the following commands (in your dremio source directory)?

$ ls
$ mvn -version
$ mvn help:active-profiles

i) ls
client common contrib CONTRIBUTING.md dac distribution git.properties LICENSE mvnw mvnw.cmd NOTICE plugins pom.xml protocol provision README.md sabot sample-data services target tests tools
ii) mvn -version
Apache Maven 3.0.5 (Red Hat 3.0.5-17)
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 1.8.0_181, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.181-3.b13.el7_5.x86_64/jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: “linux”, version: “3.10.0-862.2.3.el7.x86_64”, arch: “amd64”, family: “unix”
iii)mvn help:active-profiles

[INFO] Scanning for projects…
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] The project com.dremio:dremio-root:2.0.5-201806021755080191-767cfb5 (/apps/opt/repository/dremio/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR] Child module /apps/opt/repository/dremio/extras of /apps/opt/repository/dremio/pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

I even tried pointing to my JDK path :same error
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.181-3.b13.el7_5.x86_64/ mvn clean install -DskipTests -U

It might be an incompatibility with maven 3.0.5. Can you try with the builtin maven tool? Simply use ./mvnw instead of mvn