Keeping (or adding) the name of the source file in the SQL table

Hello everyone! First post in this community :slight_smile:

I am new to Dremio, kind of testing it out to see if I can use it for my reporting needs. I currently use PowerBI Dataflows and am trying to convert my tables from the M format to the Dremio SQL.

A problem I recently come across is the name of the source file, I have a series of excel files which are being converted to a physical table

I’d like to know what the source file name is as this is an important piece of information for me, is it possible to keep this data in the Dremio table or would the only solution be to add it to the file itself?

Hello @Tormentator

Welcome to the Dremio community.

We didn’t understand your question clearly, what is the problem with the name of the source files?

Can you please elaborate to understand it better?

Thanks,.
@Rakesh_Malugu

Thanks for your reply @Rakesh_Malugu! I though I was clear, let me make an example:
I convert a folder full of files with a name each, if I were in a PowerBI Workflow I can pull the name of the file along the information to know which version it comes from

If I do the same process in Dremio I can only select to skip or not the first line, hence I lose this detail

Let me know if that clarified it a little :slight_smile: