Promote TSV file to Dataset

I am trying to promote a Txt file with TSV format using a python script. The URL of the file is :
http://SOME-SERVER/source/Data%20Lake/folder/SOME-BUCKET/SampleDremio/Testfile/Testfile1.tsv

First I get the id of the file using the GET call (‘api/v3/catalog/by-path/’)
The Id returned from the above API call is below and is stored in a variable called catalog_id:
“id”:“dremio:/Data Lake/SOME-BUCKET/SampleDremio/Testfile/“Testfile1.tsv””

From the same API, i also get the path which is stored in a variable called catalog_path :
“path”:[“Data Lake”,“SOME-BUCKET”,“SampleDremio”,“Testfile”,"“Testfile1.tsv”"]

To promote this file to a dataset, I am using the POST call (‘api/v3/catalog/{id}’). The payload for the POST call looks as :
payload = {
“entityType”: “dataset”,
“id”: “dremio%3A%2FData%20Lake%2Fj%2FSampleDremio%2FTestfile%2F"Testfile1.tsv”",
“path”: catalog_path,
“type”: “PHYSICAL_DATASET”,
“format”: {
“type”: “Text”,
“fieldDelimiter”: “\t”,
“lineDelimiter”: “\n”,
“escape”: “”",
“skipFirstLine”: True,
“extractHeader”: True,
“trimHeader”: True,
“autoGenerateColumnNames”: True
}
}

Everytime i run this python script and it returns:
{“errorMessage”:“Something went wrong”,“moreInfo”:“HTTP 404 Not Found”}

If I change it to the folder instead of the file, it gets promoted but not sure why it is nt working at the file level.

@ktailor did u find the solution?

@Xenox Are you getting the same issue? Http 404 is page not found, are you hitting the right URL?

@balaji.ramaswamy ,
Thanks for your reply. I believe I am hitting the right URL.

path = ‘BRDF Storage Account/curated/TSA/ClaimsData2007-2009/TsaClaimsData2007-2009Dataset.parquet’

Get request - -----> response - {“entityType”:“file”,“id”:“dremio:/BRDF Storage Account/curated/TSA/ClaimsData2007-2009/TsaClaimsData2007-2009Dataset.parquet”,“path”:[“BRDF Storage Account”,“curated”,“TSA”,“ClaimsData2007-2009”,“TsaClaimsData2007-2009Dataset.parquet”]}

ID - “dremio:/BRDF Storage Account/curated/TSA/ClaimsData2007-2009/TsaClaimsData2007-2009Dataset.parquet”

post url - {server_name}/api/v3/catalog/dremio%3A%2FBRDF%20Storage%20Account%2Fcurated%2FTSA%2FClaimsData2007-2009%2FTsaClaimsData2007-2009Dataset.parquet

payload : {‘entityType’: ‘dataset’, ‘id’: ‘dremio%3A%2FBRDF%20Storage%20Account%2Fcurated%2FTSA%2FClaimsData2007-2009%2FTsaClaimsData2007-2009Dataset.parquet’, ‘path’: [‘BRDF Storage Account’, ‘curated’, ‘TSA’, ‘ClaimsData2007-2009’, ‘TsaClaimsData2007-2009Dataset.parquet’], ‘type’: ‘PHYSICAL_DATASET’, ‘format’: {‘type’: ‘Parquet’}}

getting this response :
{“errorMessage”:“Something went wrong. Please check the log file for details, see https://docs.dremio.com/advanced-administration/log-files.html",“moreInfo”:"HTTP 404 Not Found”}