Reflection does not complete

How can I clear all reflections? I have some views that produce large data sets and when I try to create reflections on them it does not complete.

Hi @summersmd

Are seeing the files exists even after you delete the reflections? Takes about 4 hours after you drop the reflection from the UI

Thanks
@balaji.ramaswamy

I don’t even know where to look for the files to see if they do exist. When trying to add reflections to a virtual data source, how long should the “Reflection cannot accelerate. Reflection in process” message appear next to the Footprint heading at the top of the reflection window? Is there some detailed documentation around how to clean up reflections or troubleshoot the process?

Hi @summersmd

AsI stated before, to clean up reflections you have to simply delete them from the UI.

For troubleshooting reflections there are 3 parts to it

A) The actual reflection creation process or the REFRESH reflection process

If this takes too long, the profile would be a good place to start looking into to see where the time is spent. If the profile show time spent on a particular operator for a long time, then we can get some hints based on the operator. We can also look for the columns setup time and wait time under a particular operator type that tells us about the nature of the delay. We can also see if we see sleep time thatcan be cause because of CPU contention

B) The reflection errors out

For this we can look at the job that failed and from the profile look at the error message. For more details, server.log would also be a good place to look

C) The reflection is created but not getting used, refer to white paper Reflection Best Practices

Thanks
@balaji.ramaswamy