Reflections competing for resources

I was under the impression that reflections had their own queue, even on Community Edition. I enabled the queue control for Reflections, but still I see them running in the regular small queue competing with other non-accelerated queries and also getting queued up waiting, even as I set 20 concurrent small reflection queries to run.

Here are a couple samples:
Reflections sample 1.zip (59.4 KB) Reflections sample 2.zip (59.1 KB)

And some screenshots:

@martinocando

Both profiles attached are SQL and not REFRESH REFLECTION

Job ID * 1ff9f2c0-0377-be57-d0ce-61aaecf68000
Job ID * 1ff9f2c1-336d-5200-3dff-b73c4ff90c00

Can you please attach profile of a REFRESH REFLECTION?

Oh wait, so the Reflection queues are only for REFRESH REFLECTION jobs? I thought it was for accelerated SQL as well.

BTW, I just checked a REFRESH REFLECTION, and is indeed running on the Reflection queues, so that part is working.

If the accelerated SQL are not going to be running on a separate queue, I’ll have to adjust my Tableau dashboard to trigger less jobs upon refresh.

Can you please confirm?

And many thanks again, Balaji. You’ve been extremely helpful.

If the accelerated SQL are not going to be running on a separate queue, I’ll have to adjust my Tableau dashboard to trigger less jobs upon refresh.

You can adjust the query concurrency or increase cluster size by adding more executor nodes

Yeah, thanks for the tips. Increasing executors is not an option, since we are running on-prem, and it’ll increase the cost to our customer too much, so I increased concurrency and is working better now. Thanks for the help again, Balaji.