Reflections on S3 - no results when hitting "run"

Confirmed the v.23.0.1 give the same error:
01:13 WARN: [kryo] Unable to load class org.apache.calcite.sql.type.OperandTypes$$Lambda$287/0x0000000840486040 with kryo's ClassLoader. Retrying with current..

Maybe I’ll need to stick with ProtoRelSerializerFactory from the EE version.

@almirb fyi, v24 now includes the ProtoRelSerializerFactory serializer. v23 did not.

Hi @Benny_Chow !
I was just looking for this on the new version!
Thanks for remembering this thread!

I’ll try the new version and see how It goes.
One more question: would I still need to create the sabot-module.conf setting the serializer as com.dremio.exec.planner.serializer.ProtoRelSerializerFactory?

Hi @almirb

You don’t need to create sabot-module.conf because it is already included inside the dremio-sabot-serializer JAR which is included in the CE distribution now:

1 Like

Hi @Benny_Chow !

I upgraded Dremio on our servers to v24, and now the reflections of flatten datasets are built successfully (without needing to replace the default serializer)!

Thanks! :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi @Benny_Chow

We are on v24 AWS dremio edition. We suddenly started getting the below errors for our sybase databases where we have loaded in the sybase connector from

SELECT * FROM account

No Results

Add ColumnGroup ByJoin

0 Columns

Unable to create dataset. NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlSelectOperator.createCall(Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNodeList;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNodeList;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNode;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNode;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNodeList;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNode;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNodeList;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNodeList;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNode;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNode;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlNodeList;Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/parser/SqlParserPos;)Lorg/apache/calcite/sql/SqlSelect;.

Any ideas/suggestions on what could be causing this and any remedies?

@Muneer Let me check with the architect who wrote the connector and get back to you

Thanks @balaji.ramaswamy !

@Muneer

I’d imagine it’s because the ARP connector needs to be built against a higher Dremio OSS version. There was probably some change in the framework.

Was this working in previous versions?

@balaji.ramaswamy yes this was working in as recently as the V23 version and is also working on v20.1

The connections to the sybase DB all get created ok. Its only when we try to query, these calcite errors show up.

@Muneer

Thanks for the feedback, we will review and see what is going on

@balaji.ramaswamy …Any updates on this? We are hoping to productionize our environment and have only this as a blocker.

@Muneer It looks like the custom connector to Sybase is no longer working (in V24), Someone needs to take up the connector and fix the bug. This was a custom connector and not part of the regular Dremio GA connectors

@Muneer a new version has been pushed now, can you please check?

Thanks very much @balaji.ramaswamy We will check now and report back. Many thanks to @Jonny for making the change! Thanks again Jonny.