Sql Insert, Update, delete

Hi, can i do update, insert, delete query in query Editor?

Because it is focused on data analytics, Dremio only performs reads to the underlying sources.

Does this answer your question?

what about the cases where underlying data will grow e.g. my monthly sales data, how can I append new data to my analytics specific dataset?

You can still add data directly to the source. If you keep adding data to a HDFS folder (for example), Dremio will discover it during the next metadata refresh (configurable in the source settings) and/or the next time you query the source.

Hi Laurent,
Thank you for reverting. I’m trying out community edition of Dremio on Windows 2012 server, I’ve don’t have HDFS as such (pardon my lack of knowledge), do I need to install Hadoop as well?

Basically I’ve a sample Excel sheet that has increasing number of rows or updates to earlier rows. I uploaded it to Dremio but I don’t know what next steps are in order to refresh Dremio data as and when there’re changes in my source Excel. I’d like to automate this work ideally using Python or R or anything that works.

Let me try and explain a bit:

Dremio supports many sources, including file systems (HDFS, S3, ADLS, local file system, etc), RDBMS, NoSQL, and others.

When you connect to any of these sources, Dremio reads the latest data for each query. So, if you add or delete rows to one of these sources, that will be reflected in subsequent queries.

There is another option that allows you to upload files into Dremio. Dremio stores these files in an internal repository. You cannot update these files directly, so you cannot see changes on subsequent queries. It sounds like this may be what you have done?

If your use case is to change the data in a file that you want Dremio to read, then you should probably put that file on a file system that Dremio can read, and update the file there. That could be a NAS or the filesystem where you have Dremio running, for example.

Here’s more on files and directories: https://docs.dremio.com/data-sources/files-and-directories.html

Does that help?