Hi
I just config core-site
hadoop.proxyuser.xxxx.hosts=*
hadoop.proxyuser.xxxx.groups=*
hadoop.proxyuser.xxxx.users=*

I got User: xxxxx is not allowed to impersonate hdfs

Could you help me?
Regards

Make sure that you deploy the new configuration on both the client (Dremio server) and the HDFS server. You also need to run a hdfs admin command to refresh impersonation configuration for HDFS.

Hi
Could you tell me how to perform these steps?

Regards

Because there are multiple Hadoop distribution, I cannot give you precise instructions. You should check with your Hadoop vendor, or if you are using the Apache Hadoop distribution, details are available at https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/Superusers.html and https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HDFSCommands.html#dfsadmin

My vendor is hortonworks.
Could you help my with:

• New configuration on both the client (Dremio server) and the HDFS server.
  • You also need to run a hdfs admin command to refresh impersonation configuration for HDFS.

If you made impersonation work for everything else on your YARN cluster but Dremio try following:

In dremio-env file add following line:

export DREMIO_CLASSPATH_USER_FIRST=<your_distro_path_to_tarn_configuration>/etc/hadoop

Essentially set it to the directory where all Haddop *-site.xml files are located.

Hi
dremio-env
export DREMIO_CLASSPATH_USER_FIRST=/etc/hadoop/conf.backup/core-site.xml
export DREMIO_CLASSPATH_USER_FIRST=/etc/hadoop/2.6.2.0-205/0/core-site.xml

But did not work
Could you help me?

It should be a directory with those files, not files explicitly, or if you want it to be explicit you need to chain it:

export DREMIO_CLASSPATH_USER_FIRST=$DREMIO_CLASSPATH_USER_FIRST:/etc/hadoop/2.6.2.0-205/0/core-site.xml

But I strongly recommend directory versus set of all arbitrary core-site.xml files you have

I chain to:
export DREMIO_CLASSPATH_USER_FIRST=$DREMIO_CLASSPATH_USER_FIRST:/etc/hadoop/2.6.2.0-205/0/core-site.xml

But did not work
User: Dario is not allowed to impersonate hdfs

1. does any of those core-site.xml files have all the necessary setup according to:
  1. Did you restart Dremio after that?
  2. Do you run Dremio as hdfs or your user and login to Dremio as hdfs?

1-
hadoop.proxyuser.dario.groups

<property>
  <name>hadoop.proxyuser.dario.hosts</name>
  <value>*</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hadoop.proxyuser.dario.users</name>
  <value>*</value>
</property>

2- I restarted Dremio
3- I’d like to use Dremio with hive.

1. Please make sure you have any other daemon like applications that require impersonation running fine - like oozie, HiveServer2, etc.
    If it is not the case you need to make sure impersonation is working on your hadoop cluster BEFORE dealing with Dremio
  2. If/when #1 is resolved try to start Dremio with user “dario” and use it as the first user you create in Dremio.
  3. If/when #2 works you can create more users in Dremio to make sure impersonation works for them

I could fix my problem and it works, Thanks