Is there a recommendation for deployment processes, including version control etc.
The options I see for deploying from staging to production
- Make a backup of staging and restore that into production.
- Use docker and deploy the staging image to production.
Ideally I’d like to have some version control of dremio SQL using github. Is that possible?
A rough process that I’d like to have for developing on Dremio would look something like the following.
- Develop new features locally, commit the new SQL code to github for review
- Others can pull the SQL from github, test and review
- Deploy new reviewed SQL to staging environment, run final tests
- Deploy tested code to production
Something similar for Dremio config changes, where any change to the system settings are also tracked on github.
Is there a guide or precedent for this?
Is the SQL stored in an open format so that I can deploy code manually?