Why "No reflections were available"

Hi!
I try to build a complex report with some datasources - Postgresql and flat files. The report duration is ~1min. When I set “Raw reflection” to “on” on final dataset, the dremio web interface shows green checkbox on relection tab. When I try to get data from this dataset (select A, B, C, … from <reportname_with_raw_reflection>), it works ~1min and shows “Query was not accelerated. No reflections were available.” in profile.
Why?
The reflections on Postgres tables works correct, but reflections on descendant datasets are ignoring.

Hi,

A query profile (https://www.dremio.com/tutorials/share-query-profile-dremio/) for the query that is not accelerating should help us understand what is happening.

197991a6-019f-4567-b195-814ce84932f5.zip (50,9 КБ)

Can you show the output of the following sql query:

select * from sys.reflections

Full output:
sys.reflections.xlsx.zip (8,5 КБ)

Record for topic:
reflection_id = 3ef3669e-42e9-4762-b923-c28133a07cea
name = Raw Reflection
type = RAW
status = CAN_ACCELERATE
num_failures = 0
dataset = MOOS.MSB.rptAccOpenStatistics
displayColumns = total, opened, totalBeforeOpen, VSPBeforeOpen, USCOBeforeOpen, SEZBeforeOpen, otherBeforeOpen, totalAfterOpen, VSPAfterOpen, USCOAfterOpen, BOAfterOpen, otherAfterOpen, totalAfterReject, totalReject, ourAutoReject, dissolved, minjust, terror, strategic, badved, IFNS, finmonStoplist, failedPassports, undefScoringFail, cftReject, ourManualReject, ourManualRejectSEZ, ourManualRejectUSKO, cancelled, openCompleted, incident
other fields are empty

Hi, @doron !
My answer is in the message above.

We have fixed several related issues so could you try upgrading to 2.0.5.

I tried to repeat query on the test server (version 2.0.5-201806021755080191) with the same result.
“Query was not accelerated. No reflections were available.”

reflection_id: f8ef704b-31dd-4d7e-afb6-c56945dba8a8
name: Raw Reflection
type: RAW
num_failures: 0
dataset: MOOS.MSB.rptAccOpenStatistics
displayColumns: total, opened, totalBeforeOpen, VSPBeforeOpen, USCOBeforeOpen, SEZBeforeOpen, otherBeforeOpen, totalAfterOpen, VSPAfterOpen, USCOAfterOpen, BOAfterOpen, otherAfterOpen, totalAfterReject, totalReject, ourAutoReject, dissolved, minjust, terror, strategic, badved, IFNS, finmonStoplist, failedPassports, undefScoringFail, cftReject, ourManualReject, ourManualRejectSEZ, ourManualRejectUSKO, cancelled, openCompleted, incident
other fields are empty

06ee2143-23d8-4401-99e9-f3732b4902b7.zip (81,1 КБ)

What is the output of:

select * from sys.materializations where reflection_id='3ef3669e-42e9-4762-b923-c28133a07cea'

I assume the same thing happens for select count(*) from MOOS.MSB.rptAccOpenStatistics?

The profile and the output of (select * from materializations where…) are in attachments:

51a5fc89-7020-4a54-acef-19706cc21ff8.zip (4,7 КБ)
materializations.zip (1,4 КБ)

assume the same thing happens for select count(*) from MOOS.MSB.rptAccOpenStatistics ?

Yes, this query runs too long (“no reflections were available”)

Hi,
can you share the original sql of the vds MOOS.MSB.rptAccOpenStatistics ?
thanks!

Hi!
There are MOOS.MSB.rptAccOpenStatistics and two vds that rptAccOpenStatistics use.
One of them, “accOpenVars”, have a raw reflection, but it does not work too (“no reflections were available”)

queries.zip (3,3 КБ)

Hi, @hakim !
My answer is above.

Sorry @vpenkov, I somehow missed your answer.
Thank you for sharing the vds definitions, will try to reproduce the issue locally, and get back to you once I have more information.

Hi, @hakim!
Have you got any results?

not much yet, unfortunately!