How is the dremio better than apache drill and how it differs ??
There are lots of differences, here are a few:
- Dremio is based on Apache Arrow
- Dremio has far more sophisticated push-down capabilities
- Dremio supports Data Reflections which can dramatically accelerate queries by up to 1000x
- Dremio provides data curation, data lineage, row & column-level access control, and data masking abilities
- Dremio supports end-to-end TLS
- Dremio is self-service for data consumers
Both are open source so try them out. I think you’ll see that Dremio has a much larger functional scope, and that even without using Data Reflections it is typically 5x-10x faster than Drill.