Can I get query execution metadata?

Is it possible to get query execution statistics? I’m using S3 demo bucket table and query it via python (pyodbc, pandas). How can I get query profiling/execution stats, for example: execution time, planning time, scanned data amount, etc?

@dmitrij.a

The Dremio query profile should give you all those details

Thanks
Bali

@balaji.ramaswamy thanks, however is there any automatic/programmatic way of doing that?

@dmitrij.a

You can download the zip file and extract the contents. The header.json will contain information such as node list, sources list while the profile.json should have all the profile info. You can upload the profile JSON to Dremio and query to see the same information but the UI rendering will not be there

Thanks
Bali

@balaji.ramaswamy sorry for being annoying, but how can I download that zip automatically? What I mean is that I want to query the data using odbc connector and then get these results automatically without going to UI. Is it possible?

@dmitrij.a

I thought you wanted a report on how the query performed? If you want to the actual results programmatically then you can use a REST call

http://docs.dremio.com/rest-api/jobs/get-job.html

That’s exactly what I needed, thanks