Dremio as datasource of Grafana

Grafana as a popular data visualisation system, open source, is right now able to connect to quiet few databases. Dremio has the abilities to connect to more, and the point is Dremio can do some database-cross queries as a single SQL. I’m thinking about if Dremio can set itself as a datasource of Grafana, means a Grafana datasource plugin, to make them join together, connect to more types of databases and execute database-cross queires and at last show data.

1 Like

Hi Even - did you ever get Grafana --> Dremio working / give it a try? Was going to give it a go and saw your post.

Unfortunately I have not seen any datasource plugin added @ Grafana plugin site. It’s Dremio maybe supposed to do this. Without this I have no idea how to add a customized database driver or something into Grafana to make Dremio available.

@evandeng - I’ll let you know when I get to this as an issue. Might see how hard it is to just write the plugin. I’m doing a comparison of three DB’s behind Dremio so I don’t have to rewrite the Grafana integration 3x.