Dremio Community and Enterprise features

Does dremio has the dynamic or manual masking ability for columns and rows in the opensource version? Also, if dremio’s open source version doesn’t ship with SSO, E2E , LDAP, Kerbrs integration, is it possible for us to setup these security with some other tech stacks like keycloak etc?

Also, does the opensource version has the data governance features?

@ashen

Does this help?

Enterprise Vs Community

Using the open source version, you can setup custom security

Thanks
Bali

Thanks @balaji.ramaswamy ,it helps! is there any tutorial i could follow to setup custom security to dremio’s opensource version? using apache ranger? Also, what is the complexity level of trying to setup custom security, manual masking, Role-based authentication, E2E etc?

@ashen

We would not be able to tell the complexity without knowing what the level of customization is. If someone is developing a branch of the main branch for a particular feature and run into issues we may be able to assist

Thanks
Bali

Thanks @balaji.ramaswamy, I would really appreciate if you could reply to this as well as we are trying to take a decision to use dremio’s enterprise or community version

Usecase
We have an ETL usecase where we need to extract XML files, Transform, do some aggregations to the data and then load the data to a data warehouse. And we are using Nifi, Kafka and Spark for this, but we also have to adjust our architecture so that the end users can use it as a central data repository hub. Below are the data governance features we need to integrate to our existing ETL architecture

• End Users should be able to govern the data assets through a UI, add their own data sources, data orchestration

• Data catalog, data discovery, searching

• Data governance, data lineage, data privacy ( dynamic masking based on users/group permissions)

• Data Quality checks etc

• End Users should be able to define custom spark jobs through Web UI - (Apache Zeppelin)

Are these features provided by Dremio’s enterprise version? which version is suitable? is Dremio a suitable platform for the central data repository usecase? I have already gone through Dremio’s features but need to verify in order to come to a conclusion.

Thanks
Ashen

@can

@ashen

It certainly looks like you would benefit using the Enterprise Edition, I suggest we work with you directly one each of the bullet points to help you take your decision fast

Thanks
Bali