Dremio JDBC driver logs warnings

Driver version

20.1.0-202202061055110045

Description

When I use Dremio JDBC driver in my Java application, I am getting a lot messages logged to standard error like below:

Mar 07, 2023 11:19:38 AM com.dremio.jdbc.Driver <clinit>
INFO: Enabling Netty native memory API for Java9+
Mar 07, 2023 11:19:39 AM cdjd.com.dremio.common.config.SabotConfig doCreate
INFO: Configuration and plugin file(s) identified in 196ms.
Mar 07, 2023 11:19:45 AM cdjd.com.dremio.exec.rpc.RpcBus$ChannelClosedHandler operationComplete
INFO: [USER]: Channel closed null <--> null (user client)

How can I get rid of them?

@pira Are you using JDK9? Dremio supports only JDK8 or JDK11

https://docs.dremio.com/software/deployment/system-requirements/#java-development-kit

@balaji.ramaswamy are you asking about the JDK version that I am using on my client app side or about the JDK that is on the server where the Dremio instance is installed?

@balaji.ramaswamy I tested my app also against Dremio Cloud instance and I think the problem is with Dremio driver that logs to standard error stream:

Mar 10, 2023 10:32:53 AM cdjd.org.apache.arrow.memory.BaseAllocator <clinit>
INFO: Debug mode enabled.
Mar 10, 2023 10:32:53 AM cdjd.org.apache.arrow.memory.DefaultAllocationManagerOption getDefaultAllocationManagerFactory
INFO: allocation manager type not specified, using netty as the default type
Mar 10, 2023 10:32:53 AM cdjd.org.apache.arrow.memory.CheckAllocator reportResult
INFO: Using DefaultAllocationManager at memory/DefaultAllocationManagerFactory.class

Above messages are logged to standard error and I would like to change that by either logging to standard out stream or by removing them completely. Can you help me with that?

@pira

You would need to use JDK 8 on both client and server. Why do you think the issue is Dremio driver that logs to standard error stream: