Dremio_MySQL net_read_timeout issue

Hi Dremio Team,

I have a usecase like PDI was connecting to Dremio VDS, which internally connecting to MySQL 8.x table holds data around ~15 M records, when iam executing SELECT querying from PDI it’s throwing,

Please check net_read_timeout/net_write_timeout/wait_timeout server variables. If result set contain huge amount of data, Server expects client to read off the result set relatively fast. In this case, please consider increasing net_read_timeout session variable / processing your result set faster (check Streaming result sets documentation for more information)

Iam using Dremio 13.x community version and i can see Net write timeout=60 & Record fetch size
=200 as configured in UI.I can’t change net_read_timeout / net_write_timeout varibles as global in MySQL 8.x server side because of system restrictions.

So please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Ajay Babu Maguluri.

@AjayBabuM

Have you tried to change the setting just on the client side and see if that helps?

Hi Balaji,

This issue not only when connecting through client even reflection refresh time also facing, So here how to set the varible in the session.

Thanks,
Ajay Babu Maguluri.

@AjayBabuM

Since this is a source level parameter, setting at session level is currently not possible