Error accessing S3 (can see bucket list but not objects)

Hi, I’m testing Dremio and was trying to connect to S3.
I entered the AWS credentials and I’m able to see the buckets, but when I try to go into a specific bucket I get an error “Access Denied (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied; Request ID: 70AEDEC164DAC151)”

However, I am able to see the objects with the same credentials using other tools (aws cli, alteryx), although with Alteryx I do need to provide an endpoint (s3.amazonaws.com) for it to work so it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the credentials.

I tried adding the endpoint to the connection properties (using endpoint, endpoint-url, and other variations).
Have you seen anything similar before?

Can you verify your IAM policies - https://docs.dremio.com/data-sources/s3.html ?
Additionally, we also need specific permissions for individual buckets. I made a post about that here - Cannot access public S3 bucket

Hi Anthony,
Still having issues, the IAM policy looks ok (I can access the bucket contents with other tools and the same credentials).

As for the bucket policy, the post you linked to was about a public bucket; is the bucket policy needed always, even if it’s a private bucket?

Your policy may require a SSL connection otherwise you get access denied. Make sure your source in Dremio Is enabled with and he crept into connection. I believe it should be a checkbox on the dialog box for the source settings.

Issue was resolved. It was actually a permissions issue with the policy. I believe it had to have some specific permissions (it had allow: * before).
Thanks for your help.