FatalError when starting Dremio 2.0 RC on MacOs

Hi, i’ve installed Dremio RC 2.0 Community on Mac Os

It seems the upgrading process is failing, as I get the following error in server.out file.
As a consequence Dremio does not start.
I can be useful to know that the previous installed version was Dremio 1.2.2 Community Edition

ReIndex stores [1.2.0, 1.5.0)
ReIndexing dac-namespace, 340 Elements ReIndexed.
Deleting internal sources [1.0.6, 1.5.0)
deleting ‘$scratch’
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: You must use a versioned store to delete by version.
at com.dremio.datastore.RocksDBStore.delete(RocksDBStore.java:380)
at com.dremio.datastore.RocksDBStore.delete(RocksDBStore.java:69)
at com.dremio.datastore.CoreKVStoreImpl.delete(CoreKVStoreImpl.java:129)
at com.dremio.datastore.CoreKVStoreImpl.delete(CoreKVStoreImpl.java:30)
at com.dremio.datastore.indexed.CoreIndexedStoreImpl.delete(CoreIndexedStoreImpl.java:213)
at com.dremio.datastore.indexed.CoreIndexedStoreImpl.delete(CoreIndexedStoreImpl.java:51)
at com.dremio.datastore.CoreBaseTimedStore.delete(CoreBaseTimedStore.java:98)
at com.dremio.datastore.CoreBaseTimedStore$TimedIndexedStoreImplCore.delete(CoreBaseTimedStore.java:143)
at com.dremio.datastore.indexed.LocalIndexedStore.delete(LocalIndexedStore.java:153)
at com.dremio.service.namespace.NamespaceServiceImpl.doDeleteEntity(NamespaceServiceImpl.java:767)
at com.dremio.service.namespace.NamespaceServiceImpl.deleteEntity(NamespaceServiceImpl.java:759)
at com.dremio.service.namespace.NamespaceServiceImpl.deleteSource(NamespaceServiceImpl.java:784)
at com.dremio.dac.cmd.upgrade.DeleteInternalSources.upgrade(DeleteInternalSources.java:44)
at com.dremio.dac.cmd.upgrade.Upgrade.upgrade(Upgrade.java:166)
at com.dremio.dac.daemon.DremioDaemon.checkVersion(DremioDaemon.java:98)
at com.dremio.dac.daemon.DremioDaemon.main(DremioDaemon.java:125)

I’ve got the same issue with an installation from 1.4.4 to 2.0.0rc on a windows desktop

I’m also getting the same error with an installation on Mac High Sierra going from 1.4 to 2.0.0rc.

Thanks for reporting. If people could share the log files (server.log/server.out), this would be useful.

server.zip (42.9 KB)
My log files.

my log file Archive.zip (460.1 KB)

Thanks for the logs. We identified the issue and are working on fix.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know we just published a new RC version which should fix the issue you encountered.

1 Like

Just pulled down the new RC and works great on MacOs now. Thanks for the quick response.

2 Likes

It works great also on my windows desktop !

Thanks.

2 Likes