Gateway Timeout adding Azure Data Lake as source

Hi All!

I was able to configure Azure Data Lake as a data source but when I try to add some folders as tables I get this “504 - gateway - time out”.

Does anyone knows how to handle that?

Thanks,
Marcus

Hi,

From the Dremio coordinator are you able to read or download the folders outside of Dremio using “az download”?

Is there anything in the server.log?

Thanks
@balaji.ramaswamy

Hi! Thanks for replying.

I’m able to register data lake as source and some paths as tables when the data volume is small, but for large tables I get this error.

Actually I’m using Dremio’s image from DockerHub, just a single container. I search in server log available in /var/log/dremio/server.out but there is only it:
core file size (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
scheduling priority (-e) 0
file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
pending signals (-i) 27748
max locked memory (kbytes, -l) 64
max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files (-n) 1048576
pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority (-r) 0
stack size (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes (-u) 1048576
virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited
file locks (-x) unlimited

Thanks.

Hi @marcusrehm

Couple of things

1. The large file that times out, are you able to download that file from the coordinator outside of Dremio using az cli?

2. There should be another file called server.log under the same folder where you found server.out. Can you please look into that? In case you have configured systemctl then there is a chance it might be writing to journal. In that case you can try doing the below commnd

journalctl -u service.dremio

(or)

journalctl _PID=<DREMIO_PID>

Thanks
@balaji.ramaswamy

Hi @balaji.ramaswamy,

About the large files it’s not just one file but actually a folder contains partitions and lot of files.

I couldn’t find the server.log neither run journalctl, it says command not found. I’m using the docker image dremio/dremio-oss.

Hi @marcusrehm

The logs files should go to Standard out and you should be able to use “docker logs” to view the messages

Kindly let us know if you are still not able to view the Dremio server messages

Thanks
@balaji.ramaswamy

Hi @balaji.ramaswamy,

Please, see the logs attached.
dremio.zip (921 Bytes)

Thanks!
Marcus

Hi @marcusrehm

I do not see anything in the logs. It seems from your description you are timing out from the server on larger datasets. Not sure if you can run az on the docker and try to download the folder you are trying to access,

time az dls fs download --account --output table --source-path