Schema listing restriction when connected to Oracle

After connecting to an oracle data source, I do not see all the schemas. The data source should list 195 schemas but lists only 32 schemas. I am using a community edition. Is there a restriction on how many schemas I can see

Hi Banu,

There is no limit to the number of schemas you should see, but there is a limit on types. For example, Dremio will not list indexes. You should be able to see all tables and views.

If you break down the 195 schemas by type, what do you see?

Here is the screens shot, the schema’s after DM are not listed

Hi Banu,

What is the name of the schema that appears alphabetically after DM? Are permissions different for this schema?

Are you able to list all schemas with a JDBC application?

@banu_parasuraman it would also help if could you share the server log from the coordinator node.

Here are some of the Schemas after DM
DPRL
DRV
DSODB_SRC
DVZG1BP
DZ125V
DZ42QS
DZ7CH2
DZJXSF
DZQKX4
ECOST_DM
ECOST_STAGING
EDW_DMR
EDW_LDM
EDW_RDM
ETRACK
EXFSYS
FAC_LDM
-----and many more —

Where can I find the server log?

I can access these schemas using JDBC and the permissions are the same across all schemas

Server log locations are detailed here:

http://docs.dremio.com/advanced-administration/log-files.html

Here are the server logs

hey @banu_parasuraman looks like the attachment didn’t go through. Do you mind uploading it on the thread or sharing it over Google Drive (or similar)?

Testing zip attachment.Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 6.23.20 PM.zip (237.0 KB)

Only images and zip files work.

This error occurs when I try to upload a zip file

I have uploaded the files to Google drive, Here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JiXW2Gbp-2eUZCTEdqaVVsc2M/view?usp=sharing

Testing file attachment. thumbs-up

You should be able to attach files now. Sorry, the default prevents new users from attaching things.

Hi @banu_parasuraman,

Would you be able to change the log level to trace and re-run configuration of your Oracle storage plugin?

Please edit the <DREMIO_HOME>/conf/logback.xml file and change instances of -info to -trace, then upload the new server log files.

Thanks