Support for Firebird databases

Is support coming for Firebird databases?

Kind regards,
Jop

Hey @JMoekotte we haven’t received many requests on this so far – we don’t currently have plans to add support in the short term. That said, it would be great to get input from the community on this thread. We’ll definitely keep an eye on the feedback and reach out with any updates.

1 Like

Hello, @can! I’m also interested in connect Dremio to a Firebird database. Could you provide some documentation or minor instructions on where, in the code, I could find some examples to be able do add this support?

1 Like

@_gleisonsilva @JMoekotte I know this is a rather old topic, but are you still interested in this? I currently need a Firebird connector too, so curious if/how you guys solved this.
I am considering to setting an ARP connector using Jaybird 5.

Hi @serra,

We didn’t solve it. As Firebird was my main source of data I just dropped Dremio… even though I initially liked the product offering and how it works. Can’t say I ever looked back, missed potential in my opinion to not add basic support for such a good and commonly used SQL database.

@JMoekotte @serra I’m not a fan of Firebird but I am a fan of Dremio, that’s the fun of open source, let’s do it together
give me some time to test and fix of @serra repository and I’ll back soon

1 Like

I am working on an ARP connector for Firebird here on Github.

With the help of @dacopan , I was able to create an ARP connector for Firebird.
It still requires a lot of testing, but I will be taking that on next. If all goes well, I will be running it in a beta-production environment next week.

Installation instructions will be available in the readme on Github.

You can download the latest version from Github releases here and from this Github Maven repository.