Installed Mysql, unable to connect from Dremio using default root user

Dear community,

I have just installed Dremio in my laptop and trying to connect to MySQL database. MySQL has the default user “root”.

When i try this from Dremio - User Interface - MYSQL source - it shows up the below error message

Form entry: Host: localhost Port: 3306 Authentication: Tried both options User: root and given password
Failure while configuring source [mysql]. Info: Unavailable: Could not connect: Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

I tried, changing the localhost to my computer name, IP address. but no luck.
Am i missing any basics here?

Thank you!! for your time in answering this

Can you try another user/pass that you know has access to the db/schemas?

Hi,
I have created another user called “newuser” and granted all required permissions to schema.
In fact, I have made this user as DBA. I am just working with a sample database.

I am able to connect using Mysql workbench, but not able to connect from Dremio.

I have attached the word document with screenshots. Could you help or point anything that I am missing?

Regards,
ArunDremio to Mysql connection error.zip (368.7 KB)

Hey there,

I noticed your MySQL seems to have SSL enabled. Just as a test, could you try disabling that and try reconnecting from Dremio?

Christy

1 Like

Hi Christy,

I am sorry!! for the late reply. For couple of days, I tried how to disable SSL online.
You have correctly pointed out. It worked now.

I have re-installed my MySQL database and selected the authentication method not to use SSL while configuring the My SQL server.

I got into this trap of SSL enabled as it happens by default when My SQL gets installed

Thanks!! again

Regards,
Arun

2 Likes

Hi All,

I still have problem with MySQL connection even if SSL is disabled.
There’s failure with configuring source and a server log file’s record says there’s no password passed
<<Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Unavailable: Could not connect: Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)>>
Is there any remedietion for this ?
Regards,
Tom

Hi @tomasz

What is the Mysql version you are using ?

Regards
Venu

will dremio connection to mysql work with ssl. Is there a possibility without disabling ssl in mysql.

@ann As replied in your other post, currently Dremio does not support MySQL with SSL enabled