Hi, I recently set up my AWS stack and connected an S3 bucket to Dremio. I am able to see all files and when clicking the ‘Format File’-button, I am actually able to see the table information properly:
However, once I press Save and try to Run or Preview the data, it always fails with the following error:
Failure getting source [Dremio S3 Bucket]
(java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException) com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Credential Verification failed.
When I try to query the Sample taxi data, I get this error:
SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
(java.lang.RuntimeException) com.amazonaws.SdkClientException: Unable to execute HTTP request: Connect to samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com:80 [samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com/22.214.171.124, samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com/126.96.36.199, samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com/188.8.131.52, samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com/184.108.40.206, samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com/220.127.116.11, samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com/18.104.22.168, samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com/22.214.171.124, samples.dremio.com.s3.amazonaws.com/126.96.36.199] failed: connect timed out
What I have tried and checked so far from Googling and looking around on this forum:
- S3 connection is through Access Key with all the appropriate permissions
- The private subnet has “Auto-assign public IPv4 address” enabled
- The VPC has an internet gateway associated with them
- The private subnet has an internet gateway connected in routing tables
- I added connection properties ‘dremio.s3.property’ and ‘fs.s3a.endpoint’ pointing to the correct AWS location
At this point I am really not sure how to continue… maybe something very obvious is missing and someone can point me in the right direction?