Timeout reading parquet file from Azure Data Lake Store

Guys, I have this timeout error when reading an acceleration parquet file in ADLS. Can you help me with this?

timeout_read_parquet_reflection.zip (36,1,KB)

@alex_lopes

We are working on fixing this. We should have a fix very soon. Meanwhile can you please try the below workaround,

Open the ADLS source settings, click on advanced tab and uncheck “Enable asynchronous access when possible”. Retry the operation

Thanks
@balaji.ramaswamy

1 Like

@balaji.ramaswamy Sorry, I didn’t detail what my data source was. Actually my data source is Oracle. When I read in a VDS without reflection, however long it takes and I have a return. However when I create a reflection in this VDS the timeout occurs when reading the reflection parquet that is stored in the directory in Azure.

@alex_lopes

Hmm, I guess then you have to wait for the fix, should be out sooner than later. Please keep an eye on our release notes for the fix. Meanwhile, do you have space on your local SSD to store the reflections?

Thanks
@balaji.ramaswamy

It would not be feasible for us to store the files locally. The problem has been intermittent and many users are unable to exploit data because of it. I’ll be waiting for the next release.

Tks! @balaji.ramaswamy