AWS Security Group best practices, Cloudformation egress yaml

I am preparing for a Dremio CE on AWS deployment and need to set up a security group. We have federated AWS govcloud environment so I have to reuse yaml templates from cloudformation if possible, and understand what the rules are doing from the perspective of an orchestrator. I cannot setup or configure my own VPC, but there is a VPC already in place that I can use.

I found some example yaml here on github and have modified it for my use case (see below). I also referred to Dremio AWS deployment pre-req docs.

1. Why are the outbound rules so permissive?
  2. Should the outbound egress sections be included in cloudformation below explicitly?
  3. What would outbound rules look like in a typical deployment that needs to restrict egress traffic? Can I reuse the same ports and IP ranges in ingress, assuming I only need connect to data sources in the same IP range?
  4. Can we somehow export a cloudformation yaml showing the full extent of a Dremio already deployed on AWS such as on a quickstart on AWS public cloud, for example? I need portability, the ability to test customizations separately before bringing it to the federated AWS environment? It would be great to have a community repo of custom cloudformation templates for functional Dremio stacks on AWS.

Draft yaml for security group specifics:

DremioSecurityGroup:
    Type: AWS::EC2::SecurityGroup
    Properties:
      GroupDescription: Dremio Access
      GroupName: cmc-dev-dremio 
      VpcId: !Ref Vpc # Vpc info not visible to my federated AWS account
      SecurityGroupIngress:
      - IpProtocol: tcp
        FromPort: 9047
        ToPort: 9047
        CidrIp: