Seems to be an issue when connecting to Azure SQL Data Warehouse. The only dataset visible is main, instead of the actual warehouse database. Has anyone else run into something like this?
What version of SQL server is this? Also does the username given in the Data Source settings have access to the actual DW database outside of Dremio?
It is the Azure MPP version. Using the same user I’ve got defined for the other BI tools (PowerBI).
Here is the issue. See link below, The Azure SQL server database expects this
By default your connection connects to the master database and not your user database. To connect to your user database, you can choose to do one of two things: Specify the default database when registering your server with the SQL Server Object Explorer in SSDT, SSMS, or in your application connection string. For example, include the InitialCatalog parameter for an ODBC connection. Highlight the user database before creating a session in SSDT.
So for the Azure SQL data warehouse DB we need to specify that as part of your data source settings. This feature is available from our 1.3 version.
Good news is that 1.3 is out and we have added the database field where you can specify the SQL DW dbname
Can you please upgrade to 1.3 and kindly let me know if this works
Looks like that did the trick!!!
Thanks for the update @Geoffawilliams … Glad that worked !