SQL Server connection

I’m lacking a field to indicate the database, since I don’t have rights at the highest level.

<- No field for the database to connect to.

Hi Paul,

Have you tried running through the connection process with this user? You should get connected with the SQL Server user’s default database since one hasn’t been specified.

Sorry, the screenshot has not been very helpful.

Outside dremio, I can only connect to the SQL server if indicating a database. If I do that not I get "The specified user/password combination is rejected: [S0001][916] The server principal “oslo2” is not able to access the database “master” under the current security context. ClientConnectionId:…

However I do not see in the dremio interface how to add the database I want to connect to.
With no database indicated, I do not seem to get connected; -> source in ‘red’ state.

Hi Paul.

Thanks for clarifying the issue. Currently, this functionality will require adding a section to the data source connection setup to allow for additional connection properties to be input. We are adding an internal ticket to have this implemented.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I would also like to see this feature implemented since connecting to Azure SQL Server requires specifying a default database. Is there a way to track your internal tickets? (using Jira for example) Any workarounds?