Help with Windows OBDC

Hi there! I’m in the process of connecting Tableau to Dremio to ElasticSearch but I feel like I’m stuck on step 3/100. I’m trying to configure Windows OBDC using the instructions here:
https://docs.dremio.com/drivers/dremio-connector.html
I’m stuck on step 4 - “Enter your the IP address for one of the coordinator nodes in your cluster” Could someone explain how to find that IP address? Or rephrase that? I’m trying to ask my museum’s IT guy for help and neither of us has been able to find an IP that works.
We’re getting the following error message:
FAILED!

[Dremio][Connector] (20) Failure occurred while trying to connect to local=10.201.60.184:9047. (Details: [30004]Connection failed with error: Cannot decode handshake.)

Thanks in advance!

Hello @JReynolds,

What host do you go to in your web browser when you login in to the Dremio? You should be able to use that hostname for the ODBC configuration.

http://data-db-01.clevelandart.org:9047/
Am I entering this correctly?
I’m still getting this error:
FAILED!

[Dremio][Connector] (20) Failure occurred while trying to connect to local:9047=data-db-01.clevelandart.org. (Details: [30004]Connection failed with error: Cannot decode handshake.)

@JReynolds, instead of port 9047, use port 31010. That is the default port that Dremio uses for ODBC.

Well, now I’m getting a different error. I feel like I’m getting closer, though.
FAILED!

[Dremio][Connector] (20) Failure occurred while trying to connect to local:31010=data-db-01.clevelandart.org. (Details: [30001]Connection failure. Host:data-db-01.clevelandart.org port:31010. Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.)

@JReynolds, (1) make sure that Dremio is running, (2) check with your IT people to make sure that you can connect from your desktop to the Dremio host on the port 31010. You may have to make a configuration change to some firewall.

I’m logged in to Dremio, thanks for the help and tip about the Firewall. I’ll see what they can do.

That was it @ben - network guy needed to open port 31010 on that server to internal traffic. Thanks for the help!