Retrieve list of users

I know there is an API to get a user/group by its name and Id. As an admin if i want to list out all the users/groups? Is there an API for it? (Similar to “net user /domain” command in windows that lists all users in a domain and “net group /domain” lists all the groups in a domain)
What I am looking for is given a user, it belongs to which group and vice-versa.

Thanks.

Is there an API to do this task? I am looking for similar requirement.

Thanks

1 Like

@Shirisha

We currently do not have one for all users, we have an API to get details for a particular user

Thanks
Bali

Will you be adding it in near future? if not users at least the groups that are onboarded?

@Shirisha

One way to find out is send a REST API call to get details of a space/folder/VDS and it should print the names of groups on that space or VDS. We do not have on API to just list all groups across the cluster

Thanks
Bali

I figured out this by developing a recursive loop. Wouldn’t say its straight forward but it is doable using recursive function in python. Using the catalog API , first find if the api returns type as “folder” in the children part. Run the loop until there are no children. For each call, flatten the record and insert it into a data frame. Hope this helps.

Thank you ktailor, i followed your suggestion and found Group and user elements, when i ran get user and get group APIs with those ids, it worked. Now need to figure out how to get all of it with a single call. Can you share your python code?

Hi ktailor, Nice work, could you share your python code … msinclair99 at gmail