Snowflake as Source

Hi

Is there plan to support Snowflake as a source in Dremio?

Thanks

Nelson

Hi - we are watching interest in Snowflake and appreciate the feedback. Snowflake is not supported at this time.

Hi Kelly,

Would also be really interested in this. I am evaluating Dremio but our data is in snowflake and SAP. Snowflake especially is of interest.

Any timeline?

thanks,

Adam

1 Like

Not yet scheduled, but definitely coming up more and more often.

Another angle we hear is how to get MPL data warehouse out of S3 directly. That’s what Starflake Data Reflections are all about.

But we understand some folks have their data in a data warehouse already, so we have connectors for Redshift and others.

Has there been any traction on adding snowflake as a source? It’s quickly taking over redshift.

Yes! This is on our roadmap and we hope to make good progress in 2019. Stay tuned.

Another vote for Snowflake. Also, what about generic ODBC/JDBC support? If either of those existed, we could work with Snowflake.

Thanks for the vote, duly noted.

Unfortunately, “generic” ODBC/JDBC doesn’t really address unsupported sources.

One more vote for snowflake as a source.

Kelly, yet another vote for Snowflake support.

1 Like

Is there any movement on this ticket - We’d love to see this move forward, would be willing to see if we can help this project along.

Cmon… when is Snowflake coming? :frowning:

1 Like

Is there any alternate way to connect to Snowflake?
And what is the mechanism used to connect to a database?
Can a non supported database go through ODBC connection for Dremio to source data from?

We have a community plugin available at https://github.com/narendrans/dremio-snowflake.

Awesome! Will give it a try thanks

I am getting this error while trying to run the mvn clean install.
The error message below:
[INFO] -------------< com.dremio.plugin:dremio-snowflake-plugin >--------------
[INFO] Building Dremio Snowflake Community Connector 3.2.4-201906051751050278-1bcce62
[INFO] --------------------------------[ jar ]---------------------------------
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 13.926 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-08-08T11:20:33-04:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project dremio-snowflake-plugin: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.dremio.plugin:dremio-snowflake-plugin:jar:3.2.4-201906051751050278-1bcce62: Could not find artifact jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.8 at specified path C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221/…/lib/tools.jar -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal on project dremio-snowflake-plugin: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.dremio.plugin:dremio-snowflake-plugin:jar:3.2.4-201906051751050278-1bcce62: Could not find artifact jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.8 at specified path C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221/…/lib/tools.jar

I have JDK (jdk-12.0.2) and JRE (jre1.8.0_221) installed.

It looks like an issue when the plugin is build on windows. You might want to report it directly the repository owner.

I was informed that I cannot compile the jar file required on Windows. Currently only centos and ubuntu can be used to build this jar file. In a few weeks Dremio is planning to launch a market place, during which time, this connector will be made available, which will work on all windows.