WebSockets issue!

Error: “Your Internet connection may be offline, or WebSockets to Dremio are being blocked.”

Setup Dremio using Azure CE.
Since, as per the company cloud policy, I could not enable public IP for the Dremio cluster VM, so i set it to private and got private IP issued: 10.3.0.4:9047.

In order to access, this private IP from my Macbook pro, i setup additional an Azure load balancer and set its backend as the dremio target VM.

After that I could access the Dremio webUI using the Public IP of the Load balancer at http://[public ip]:80. I could create a local user and could access the dremio web application. Afterwards, i explorded sample datasets and tried to run some queries / group by clauses on them. At that I started gettign this error: Error: “Your Internet connection may be offline, or WebSockets to Dremio are being blocked.”

I could see in my browser (i tried all, chrome, safari, firefox) that websockets are getting blocked. I switched to my Windows 11 machien as well, but same problem there.

It’s really annoying that the dremio setup is stuck at this very basic stage!0 Even before i configure any connectivity with our Datalake. Please give me some quick pointer, as to why this is the case and how this can be addressed?

@sulemanb

Have you looked at these posts, usually a rule missing in your network