Dremio is not running - new topic

Hi
I’ve seen a few threads similar to this but all a bit old now and I have tried everything suggested in them.
I am new to Dremio and downloaded version for Windows. I am running Windows 10 and have Java 1.8.0_201 installed. When I click “Start” on the Dremio Window it says “Demio is starting up…” for 30 seconds or so and then changes to “Dremio is not running”.
Server log has a couple of warnings (yellow) and then
‘Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException: Error in creating the gandiva repository.gandiva_jni.dll was not found inside JAR.’
followed by
‘2019-03-26 11:26:06,241 [main] INFO c.d.exec.catalog.CatalogServiceImpl - User Error Occurred [ErrorId: 4c35a95c-a929-4703-be46-16cc7af94a4d]’

Any ideas on what else I can try.

Thanks

Hi @jonh, can you attach the complete server log? Which version of Dremio did you install?

Hi Ben, Just downloaded latest Windows exe from the website - filename : “dremio-community-3.1.7-201903210426240688-c843b51”.
I’ll send the log when I’ve worked out how to attach it to a reply - currently the Upload does not let .logs through. I must be missing an attach button somewhere!

Thanks for any help…

server.zip (12.7 KB)
OK
Sorry I missed I had to zip it… Cheers

Hi Ben, any clues from that log?
Thx

Hi @jonh

From the logs i can see the ERROR

2019-03-26 11:26:06,242 [main] ERROR ROOT - Dremio is exiting. Failure while starting services.
com.dremio.common.exceptions.UserException: Unknown source INFORMATION_SCHEMA

Can you try this and start the dremio and let me know.
Go to the Dremio Binary directory and run the below command and start the service.
./dremio-admin clean -i

Thanks
@Venugopal_Menda

Thanks for the input - had some trouble running that simple command. I couldn’t get it to execute in dos command for some reason…
However I uninstalled, deleted Dremio folder, reinstalled, and started Dremio as an Administrator and it has started running ok.
Odd, I have tried running as Admin before, but not after having just re-installed. So maybe it MUST always be run as Administrator?
Anyway it seems to be up OK now so I can start exploring the App.
Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear that Dremio is working for you! The error from the logs:

2019-03-26 11:26:06,242 [main] ERROR ROOT - Dremio is exiting. Failure while starting services. com.dremio.common.exceptions.UserException: Unknown source INFORMATION_SCHEMA

Indicates that there was some issue communicating with or creating the database in which it stores all of it catalog and user information.

Additionally, the Dremio cleanup scripts that @Venugopal_Menda are available only for Linux/Mac platforms. Apologies for the confusion.