Dremio connector to Tableau for Elastic search data

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect Elastic search data with Tableau by using Dremio tool.

Step 1 :I have successful installed the Dremio connector on my system.

Step 2 : when I am trying to do DNS configuration facing the following error as mentioned in the screenshot.

Please help me to fix the issue. Our Elastic search data currently in Local host.

FAILED!

[Dremio][Connector] (20) Failure occurred while trying to connect to local=localhost:9200. (Details: [30004]Connection failed with error: Cannot decode handshake.)

Regards,
Prabhu

Hi @prabhu.292

You have to first connect to Dremio, so in the driver settings, instead of 9200, try 31010 (Default ODBC port) and once you are inside Tableau, you can query all the data sources added to Dremio

Thanks
Bali

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your quick support.

Yes even I tried the 31010 in dns settings but when I test the connection facing the same error.

It is not going inside the connection.

Do I need to do any modifications inside ssl option?

Regards,
Prabhu

@prabhu.292,

Have you configured SSL for the JDBC/ODBC server on Dremio? If so, then yes you would have to change the SSL options to enable encryption and point to your trust store.

Also, have you tried with “Authentication Type = Plain” and entering your credentials?

Hi Team,

As suggested, I have changed the port from 9200 to 31010 but getting the following error.

FAILED!

[Dremio][Connector] (20) Failure occurred while trying to connect to local=localhost:31010. (Details: [30001]Connection failure. Host:localhost port:31010. Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)

Below is the screenshot for the SSL configuration

Regards,
Prabhu

Dear Team,

Getting the following error.

[Dremio][Connector] (20) Failure occurred while trying to connect to local=localhost:31010. (Details: [30001]Connection failure. Host:localhost port:31010. Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)

Regards,
Prabhu

@prabhu.292,

Where is the Dremio installation?

Are you using a docker image on your localhost?

Where is the Dremio installation? On my local machine

Are you using a docker image on your localhost? Yes I have installed the docker for the Local host Elastic search

@prabhu.292,

When you navigate to the Dremio UI from your browser, is the URL localhost?

It looks like you have deployed Dremio on Windows, so describe how you have done this? Are you running Dremio on local VMs?

Yes it is local host in the url

Yes I am running on my local machine in windows 10.